Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just two weeks to go--Will I ever learn Latvian!!!

Well, I have now been taking Latvian language lessons from Sister Howden for a few weeks. She is a very good teacher and is patient and encouraging to me. I can tell that my pronunciation is improving but, compared to her, I sound terrible. Perhaps once I'm in the MTC full time (two weeks from tomorrow!), I will have more time to focus and practice.

This will be my last week serving in the Temple (I'll be back in the Spring of 2010) and it will be hard to say goodbye to so many dear sisters with whom I serve. I have been serving on Thursday and Friday 1st shift since June of 2004 and it has been a great blessing in my life. I recommend it to everyone.

I think I now have nearly everything I need to take with me to Latvia. I haven't tried putting it into a suitcase yet, but am thinking I might be able to get by with just two suitcases, including the carry-on.

So far, this blog hasn't been too interesting or inspiring, I don't imagine, but once I'm in Latvia, I will have so many new experiences and, hopefully, pictures, to share.

1 comment:

Dan and Nicole said...

We are so excited for you! We can't believe you are leaving so soon!