Sunday, January 24, 2010

The end is coming!

No, not the end of the world (as far as I know) but the end of my mission. I learned from my sister Karen that a couple with whom she works in the Provo Temple just received their mission call--to the Baltic Mission. They leave in March.

I had reason to question whether anyone would be coming. I learned from a couple in Ukraine that their office couple went home the first of December and they were called in to learn how to run the office. Their assignment is as a CES couple, so office wasn't what they knew to do. They still hadn't received word of an office couple coming.

The week before I learned that in another mission in Europe the office couple goes home in May, one of 2 senior sisters goes home in June and the mission president changes in July. So, I was beginning to wonder if my mission would end.

Not, that I'm in a hurry to leave, but I do want to leave at the end. Unless this couple coming with tremendous skills and/or are quick-learning, my departure date will be 11 May. Otherwise, I may leave sometime in April.

It's been a unique and, in many ways, a wonderful experience and, inasmuch as the more we learn to rely on the Lord, the more we grow, I may say that this has been the best 18 months of my life. The hardest in some ways, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

Dan and Nicole said...

We can't wait for you to come home! Take lots of pictures your last couple of months so you can show us everything!