Sunday, April 26, 2009

A beautiful Spring Day in Olde Towne

The weather was perfect yesterday and we went to Olde Towne. I took pictures of TGIFriday's and of McDonald's that are located in Olde Towne Riga. The McDonald's is two stories --much larger than any I've seen in America.

The flower stands are common throughout Riga and these were so beautiful. It's a common practice for people to buy a bunch of flowers to take to a friend's home when they visit. It's common to see people on the bus or tram with a wrapped bouquet.

The other picture is of the Blackhead's house. It was built in the 1300's I believe and destroyed in the war and then rebuilt in 1999. It's quite the building. I'm sorry I don't remember the history behind the building or it's name.

I'll share more pictures another time.












No comments: