Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lieldiena in Riga

I've learned that Easter is called Lieldiena, which simply means "big day." From all I can discern, it's not really a religious holiday. Although, one man told the elders it was a day to go to church. The grocery ads are much like in the US, lots of ham, Easter eggs and candies.

I'm so thankful for the knowledge of my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atoning Sacrifice. I'm thankful to know that He was resurrected and that each of us will be, also. I'm thankful to know of His creations, so observable this time of year, with things coming to life where it was so dead.

Having witnessed two baptisms this weekend, one in Latvian and one in Russian, makes me so grateful that others are turning their hearts to the Savior and desiring to follow Him.

I pray that each of you will have a joyous and blessed Easter.

No comments: