Sunday, October 25, 2009

Latvian cranberries

We found a package of cranberries at the store on Friday. Not Ocean Spray, but Latvian. They come in a different package and amount than Ocean Spray, so I had to guess how much water and sugar to add. Turns out I added a little too much water, but just the right amount of sugar.

So, today I fixed some dressing and baked it under chicken breasts and, with the cranberries, had a bit of a taste of Thanksgiving dinner.

We've been invited for Thanksgiving dinner to the home of a young woman who works for the U.S. Embassy. There will be a good group of people and I'm so looking forward to turkey and all the trimmings. Mischa (the Embassy employee) has already bought the turkey--she has access to such things through her work. Turkeys are not common in Latvia and, if you find one, they are very expensive.

I will bake rolls and make cranberries. Mischa also has a can of pumpkin from America so will make pumpkin pie. My mouth is watering.

No comments: